Looking for an awesome side dish that is sure to impress even the most avid veggie haters among you? Look no further than my Perfect Garlicky Green Beans.
Perfect Garlicky Green Beans
We all have a go to dish in our back pocket that is delicious no matter what. This dish of perfect garlicky green beans is exactly that for me. They go perfectly as an accompaniment for any main dish. Italian? YUM. Greek? So good. Asian? PERFECT. Try them with my beef bulgogi recipe if you don’t believe me!
Actually, these green beans are so awesome, I was actually requested to bring these for Christmas dinner this year. Have you ever heard of people requesting green beans at a holiday meal? Yes, these are that good.
Not only are they so tasty, but they have a lot of health benefits as well!
- They contain a large amount of chlorophyll which has been shown to block the carcinogenic effects of the compound that is produced by grilling meats at a high temperature. So having these as a side for a char-grilled pork chop is a match made in heaven.
- There may be a correlation to the iron content of green beans and the promotion of fertility and improvement of anemia. Especially when paired with foods high in vitamin C. Folic Acid is a vital nutrient for prenatal and early fetal development that green beans contain.
- They are rich in Vitamin K and also contain calcium which is beneficial for bone health.
- Green beans contain fiber which promote satiety, reduces cholesterol, and promote GI health.
- Promotes heart health and has been shown on average to reduce cholesterol levels by 10% and produce a 3-8 point reduction in blood pressure.
- Garlic has been shown to significantly reduce fasting blood glucose levels in people with diabetes
- There is some research that might support garlic’s role in immunity, cancer reduction, and treat the common cold; although,more research is needed.
This is one of the simplest dishes I make, only 6 ingredients! I hope you enjoy!
Perfect Garlicky Green Beans
- January 9, 2020
- 20 min
- 89 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 1 bag Green Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Parmesean Cheese, grated
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F)
- Step 2
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Step 3
- Then, put green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until bright green
- Step 4
- In the meantime, prepare a large bowl of ice water
- Step 5
- Dump pot of green beans into a colander and immediately put colander of green beans into the ice water to stop the cooking and maintain bright green color
- Step 6
- Line baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Step 7
- Put green beans on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning to coat
- Step 8
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top
- Step 9
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fork tender
Nutrition Facts for Perfect Garlicky Green Beans
- 89 calories
- 7 Grams Total Fat (1.8 Gm saturated)
- 855 mg Sodium
- 5.3 Grams Total Carbohydrate
- 2 Grams Fiber
- 1 Grams Sugar
- 3.2 Grams Protein
What vegetable is your go-to??